If you are worried about your weight or simply need to lose those last few inches of belly fat the following guide will help you see results.
Effective stomach exercises to get rid of love handles - you can do at home:
To effectively lose fat you should be physically active most days of the week for at least 90 minutes. The following exercises will work your abs with special attention to your love handles area.
- Start face down on your knees, forearms, and toes; keep your elbows directly under your shoulders.
- Lift your body up of the floor resting on your elbows and toes, maintaining a straight line between your shoulders hips and knees.
- Keep your back flat, prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle.
- Start slow, hold for 10 to 60 seconds, lower your knees and repeat again several times.
The Reverse Crunch
- Lie on your back on an exercise mat and place your hands on the floor or behind your head.
- Bring the knees in towards the chest bent to 90 degree angle, and lift your shoulders slightly off the floor.
- Lift your feet toward the ceiling, lifting the hips off the floor.
- Lower and repeat for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps.
- Don’t swing your legs. Use your abs rather then momentum.
- Lie on you back on an exercise mat and lace your fingers behind your head.
- Lift the shoulder blades off the floor without pulling on the neck. Bring the left knee in towards the chest at a 90 degree angle.
- Straighten the right leg out and lift it a few inches above the mat while simultaneously turning the upper body to the left, taking the right elbow towards the left knee.
- Switch sides in a fluid motion, straightening the left leg and bringing the right leg towards the chest, at the same time bringing the left elbow towards the right knee.
- Continue alternating sides in a fluid motion similar to riding a bicycle for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps.
These exercises will make your lower stomach muscles stronger, but you should also do some full body strength exercises or full body cardio exercises to burn more love handles fat, as abdominal exercises don't burn enough fat on their own.
Fat Burning Diet Tips
To be honest, a healthy diet is even more important than exercise if you want to get rid of love handles. This is the main reason most people fail to get great looking abs, they train like crazy but neglect their diet. The following list of short tips should help you eat healthier.
Break your meals into 5-7 smaller meals per day. Add healthy snacks between regular meals while making your regular meals smaller. Eating more frequently increases your metabolism and makes you feel fuller while eating less.
Add whole grains to your diet. Eat at least 3 ounces of whole grain bread, cereal, rice or pasta every day. Check the list of ingredients for the word "whole" before the grain name.
Drink plenty of water, there are so many benefits to this.
Eat more orange and dark green veggies eat more dry beans and peas.
Eat a variety of fruit and less fruit juices. There is plenty of fresh, frozen, canned or dried fruit to choose from.
Limit solid fats like butter, margarine and lard. Most of the fat in your diet should come from fish, nuts and vegetable oils.
Drink plenty of low fat or fat free milk or other calcium rich foods if you can't consume milk.
Choose low fat or lean meat and poultry. Eat more fish, beans, nuts and seeds for your protein.
Don’t fry your food, bake it, broil or grill it.
Avoid refined sugar, and reduce the amount of empty sugar calories in your diet such as soft drinks.
Don't miss breakfast & don’t eat two hours before bed time. Brush your teeth after the final meal of the day to help you remember not to snack late at night.
Use the stairs when possible.
When shopping for groceries try to do so on a full stomach, you will make healthier choices.
Cook your meals at home, instead of eating out, that way you will know what went into your meals.
Reduce alcohol consumtion as it is packed with empty calories.
Get plenty of sleep at least 6 hours every night.
The above tips should be enough to get you started. As always, the most important step is to take action, so start right now don’t delay.